Vegan Caesar Cocktail
The Canadian classic drink veganized. The secret ingredient is olive brine (the liquid in a jar of olives) which adds a brininess to the cocktail which is irresistibly delicious. So quick and easy to whip up!
Servings: 1 cocktail
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon(s) celery salt (or as needed)
- 2 handful(s) ice cubes
- 6 oz vegetable juice cocktail (3/4 cup) (I used V8 juice)
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive brine (the liquid in a jar of olives)
- several dash(s) hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
- black pepper
- 1 rib(s) celery
- Optional garnishes for caesar cocktail: pimento-stuffed olives, spicy pickled bean, gherkin pickle, pickled onions
- Make the celery salt rim on the glass by running one lime wedge around the lip of a glass to wet the rim. Sprinkle the celery salt on a small plate then flip the glass upside down and dip into the celery salt, turning to coat the rim as needed.
- Fill the glass with ice, squeeze and drop in the lime wedge you used to rim the glass, then follow with the vegetable juice cocktail, vodka, olive brine, and hot sauce. Give it a stir and garnish with a bit of black pepper, a celery stick, and any bonus garnishes you like.
Serving: 1caesar cocktail | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 7449mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1580IU | Vitamin C: 71.1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 0.9mg