Vegan Berry Crumb Muffins
Fluffy, sweet, berry-stuffed and cinnamon-infused, super tender and moist, with a sweet crumbly topping. These quick and easy to make muffins are perfect for a special brunch or a wonderful breakfast treat.
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mixed berries (fresh or frozen and thawed* see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Line 12 wells of a muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease the pan.
- To make the crumb topping: in a small bowl, mix together all the crumb topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the berry muffins: In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together the plant-based milk, light oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined. Don't over mix, lumps are totally cool. Add in the berries and lightly fold them in.
- Divide the batter evenly among into the prepared muffin tin. Top each with a spoonful of the crumb topping mixture, dividing it evenly among all 12 muffins. Bake 18 to 25 minutes until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
*If all of your berries are small such as blueberries, you can use them straight from frozen. When using larger berries such as blackberries, they should be thawed first as they will prevent the muffins from rising properly. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg