Vegan BBQ Chickpea Pizza
Made with a homemade vegan mozzarella that only takes 15 minutes to make. Layered with spicy and smoky BBQ chickpeas for the ultimate hearty cheeseless pizza. Hooray for Pizza Night!!
- 1 recipe(s) Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella (or 1 1/2 cups store-bought vegan mozzarella) (see instructions below)
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) chickpeas
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan BBQ sauce (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 pizza dough (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared tomato sauce
- 1/8 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) pickled hot banana pepper rings
- 1 handful(s) fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425F (220C). Lightly grease a pizza pan.
- Prepare the Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Mozzarella according to the instructions but add in an extra 1/3 cup of water to the blender. When you cook the cheese, it will be less gooey than normal which will make it easier to spread on the pizza. Alternatively, skip this and use store-bought vegan mozzarella.
- In a small bowl mix together the chickpeas and BBQ sauce.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch the pizza dough until it fits the pizza pan. Spread the tomato sauce evenly across the pizza dough. Pour the cheese on top of the tomato sauce, and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Top the pizza with red onion, banana peppers, and the BBQ chickpeas. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven then garnish by adding an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce across the pizza and sprinkling with cilantro.
Homemade: If you have a copy of Fuss-Free Vegan cookbook you can find recipes for many of the ingredients in this pizza if you would like to make them from scratch. Store-bought also works fine. My Favorite BBQ Sauce (page 209). Go-To Pizza Dough (page 211). Life-Changing Mozzarella (page 200) -both mozzarella recipes work great here so whichever you prefer. My Family Favourite Tomato Sauce (page 156). Make-ahead/leftovers: I love this pizza fresh, but leftover cold pizza is also great. Store leftover cooled pizza wrapped in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in an air-fryer preheated to 360F for 3 - 6 minutes.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1261mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 5.7mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan