Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
Bursting with banana flavour, little pops of nut crunch, tender, lightly sweet, and gorgeously moist.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 medium(s) banana(s) ripe, mashed
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 bananas ripe, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts or pecans , plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Lightly grease the cups of a muffin pan or fill with 12 non-stick liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed banana with all of the wet ingredients. Add the wet into dry, and mix until it's just starting to come together. Be careful not to over mix, lumps are totally cool. Add in the chopped banana and nuts and give it 3 to 4 more stirs.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin pan and finish by sprinkling extra nuts on top (optional). Bake for 22 to 26 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden brown on the edges, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Nutrition info is for 1 muffin.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg