Banana Bread Oatmeal
Tastes just like the best slice of still-warm banana bread that you've ever had. No baking required!
- 2 banana(s) very ripe, one mashed and one sliced
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2/3 cup(s) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon(s) dates chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- optional toppings for banana bread oatmeal: plant-based milk, vegan chocolate chips, chopped walnuts
- Add the mashed banana, water, oats, dates, vanilla, and cinnamon to a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, giving a stir every now and then until the oats are tender and most of the water is absorbed.
- Divide among 2 bowls and top with the banana slices, and any additonal toppings.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.