Tuscan Vegetable Soup
Hearty, mouth loving, tummy warming, jam-packed full of healing veggie power, Tuscan Vegetable Soup.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato(es) peeled and cubed
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 rib(s) celery chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried sage
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth (4 cups)
- 2 19oz can(s) white kidney beans (4 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1 14oz can(s) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) kale chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the carrots, sweet potato, onion, and celery. Sauté for about 10 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add the garlic, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, basil, and sage and cook for about another 2 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the beans, and tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and stir to incorporate it, simmer for another 5 minutes until the kale wilts. Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve hot with some crusty bread. Yum!
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan