Tofu Salad Sandwich
This sandwich is just like an egg salad sandwich but instead of egg, tofu is used. It's every bit as creamy and delicious!
- 1/2 12oz block(s) extra-firm or firm tofu
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) capers
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) black salt (also called kala namak) or regular salt (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 rib(s) celery chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 4 slice(s) bread (Gluten-free if preferred)
- Lettuce or other veggies for topping
- Add the tofu, mayonnaise, mustard, capers, salt, turmeric, and pepper to a food processor. Blend stopping to scrape the sides as needed until the tofu is broken down, but still contains a bit of texture. Add in the celery, red pepper, and red onion and pulse to incorporate.
- Spread the tofu salad on bread or toast and top with veggies as desired.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1453mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 39.6mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2.4mg