The Ultimate Vegan Shamrock Shake
This dairy-free dessert is so easy to make! Just freeze coconut milk in an ice cube tray and blend with plant-based milk and some flavourings for a creamy, delicious, mint milkshake.
For the shamrock shake:
- 1 400ml can(s) full-fat coconut milk (1 3/4 cups) or Heavenly Heavy Cream (page 206 in Fuss-Free Vegan), frozen in an ice cube tray
- 1 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 2 - 3 tablespoon(s) agave
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 8 - 10 drop(s) vegan green food colouring
Additional toppings (optional):
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- green sprinkles
- fresh mint leaves
- maraschino cherries
- vegan chocolate syrup
- Add the frozen cubes of full-fat coconut milk or Heavenly Heavy Cream to a blender along with the plant-based milk, agave, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and food colouring. Blend until smooth and creamy. Divide among two glasses. Optionally, you can decorate your shakes with any additional toppings.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 440mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 6.6mg