The Easiest (and most delicious) Vegan Cornbread
Sweet, tender, moist, full of corn flavour, and you can optionally add in corn kernels. Perfect paired with vegan chili.
Servings: 9 large pieces of cornbread
- 1 1/4 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 5 tablespoon(s) vegan butter melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) corn kernels, fresh or frozen (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C), and lightly grease a 8" x 8" pan.
- In a large bowl, add everything together except for the corn kernels. Stir until just combined. Don't over mix it. If you are adding corn kernels, add those in now, and give two or three more stirs to mix them in. Pour into the greased pan, and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Serve this with the Best Vegan Chili for a complete meal. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 9 servings) | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 303IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg