The Best Vegan Vanilla Cake (or Cupcakes)
Sweet, buttery, vanilla-infused, fluffy and moist all at the same time. Easy to make and even easier to eat. No one will even notice it's vegan!
Servings: 24 cupcakes (or a two layer 9" round cake)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/3 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 2/3 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan butter
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 - 4 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- Sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). For cupcakes: lightly grease or line a cupcake pan with 24 paper liners. For a cake: lightly grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter just comes together, don’t over mix. Evenly divide batter among the cupcake or cake pans. For cupcakes: Bake 18-20 minutes until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For 9-inch cake: bake for 22 - 28 minutes until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To make the frosting: mix together the vegan butter, vegetable shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Add 1 - 4 tablespoons of non-dairy milk as needed to reach desired frosting consistency. Let cakes cool completely before frosting.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1(24 servings in the recipe) | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.6mg