The Best Vegan Ceviche
Made with hearts of palm which have a tender, flaky texture, and mild taste making it a fantastic fish substitute. Nori seaweed is added to the mix for a slight taste of the sea. Combined with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and lots of lime juice. Just 10 ingredients and 15 minutes to make, this is the perfect easy-to-make summer appetizer!
- 2 can(s)(398ml / 14oz each) heart of palm, drained and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 sheet nori finely chopped (optional for fishy taste, see notes)
- 3 - 4 limes juiced
- 1 avocados cut into small cubes
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ red onion finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- ½ - 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- tortilla chips for serving with ceviche
- Add the hearts of palm, nori (if using), juice from 3 limes, avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño to taste, salt and pepper to a large bowl and gently mix. Taste, and if desired add more lime juice. Serve fresh with tortilla chips. This ceviche can also be made ahead of time, just store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nori: nori is the seaweed you use to make sushi with, it's what adds a fishy taste. If you prefer you can omit it for a more mild taste. but your vegan crab cakes won't taste very crab-like. Chop the nori into fine flakes, I find it's easiest to do this with kitchen scissors.
Serving: 1serving without tortilla chips (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 2002mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 384IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan