Easy to make with crispy Brussels sprouts, hearty carrots, sweet red onion, crunchy toasted walnuts, sweet cranberries, and just a tiny touch of cinnamon.
Servings: - 8 servings
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts (4 cups),trimmed and halved
- 3 medium carrots (3 cups) peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts or pecans roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- OVEN: Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.AIR FRYER: Note that this recipe is fairly large, so you may need to do this recipe in batches for the best result, or a very large air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 375F (190C).
- Add the Brussels sprouts, carrots, red onions, olive oil, maple syrup, rosemary, salt, pepper, and cinnamon to a large bowl. Toss well to combine. OVEN: Spread the veggies evenly over the two prepared baking sheets. Roast for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring halfway through until the veggies are fork-tender and beginning to brown. Sprinkle over the walnuts and dried cranberries and continue to bake another 5 - 10 minutes until the veggies are cooked and the nuts are lightly roasted.AIR FRYER: add the veggies to the air fryer. Air fry for 16 - 20 minutes, shaking halfway through until the veggies are fork-tender and beginning to brown. Sprinkle over the walnuts and dried cranberries and continue to bake another 4 - 8 minutes until the veggies are cooked and the nuts are lightly roasted.
Olive oil: feel free to sub your favourite oil such as vegetable oil or melted coconut oil. Oil free: substitute the oil for vegetable broth. Nuts-free: for nut-free, substitute the nuts with pepitas or omit them. Cranberries: you can substitute with raisins or chopped dried apricots if preferred.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4945IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan