This easy vegan pasta takes just 15 minutes to make! Vegetarian ragu recipe is hearty, rich, slightly smoky, and makes for the perfect weeknight meal.
Servings: - 6 servings
For the lentil ragu:
- 1 650ml jar(s) prepared tomato sauce (or 3 cups homemade tomato sauce)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 cup(s) red lentils
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup(s) nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) liquid smoke
For the pasta:
- 14 oz pasta of choice (gluten-free if preferred)
- vegan parmesan (homemade or store-bought) (or store-bought vegan parmesan) optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the tomato sauce, vegetable broth, and lentils to a large skillet or saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer stirring gently every now and then. Simmer covered for about 10 minutes until the lentils are tender.
Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Calories: 651kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 539mg | Potassium: 781mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 5.4mg