The Best Cashew Coffee Creamer
Make your own homemade non-dairy easy coffee cream recipe in just 5 minutes. Super-rich and creamy. Customize to your own taste preferences for the best coffee creamer you'll ever taste!
Servings: 20 (makes about 2 1/2 cups depending on how much water you add)
- 1 cup(s) raw cashews, softened if needed (see instructions)
- 1 1/4 - 2 cup(s) water *see notes
- 1 - 6 tablespoon(s) sweetener of choice- agave, maple syrup, brown sugar, white sugar, low calorie sweetener (optional) *see notes
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
To soften the cashews (optional):
- If you do own a high-powered blender, this step isn't necessary as the blender will be powerful to make a very smooth cream without soaking. If you do not own a high-powered blender, I recommend starting by softening the cashews for the creamiest coffee creamer.To soak the cashews: add the cashews to a bowl, and cover with water. Let soak for a minimum of 6 hours and up to 48 hours until very tender. Drain and rinse cashews before using.
To make the cashew coffee creamer:
- To make the best cashew coffee creamer: Add the cashews, water, sweetener (if using), vanilla extract (if using), and salt to a blender. Blend until completely smooth and super creamy with no graininess. The key is to blend way more than you think you need to. I blend mine for 3 - 5 minutes in my very high-powered blender to ensure maximum creaminess and no pulpiness is left. By the time I'm done the cashew cream is actually a little warm from the friction.
- Pour into a bottle and store in the fridge until ready to use, it should keep for about 1 week in the fridge. Always give the creamer a shake before using.
For the water: I recommend starting with 1 1/4 cups water which will make a very rich cream, and adding more water if needed to reach desired consistency. For the flavourings: sweeteners and vanilla are optional. I recommend starting with smaller amounts of sweetener and vanilla to start as you can always add more to taste later. My personal favourite proportions are 1 1/4 cups water, 4 tablespoons sweetener, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for an extra-rich sweet French vanilla creamer. Bonus flavours: pick different coffee syrups or extracts for endless flavour combinations. Hazelnut, chocolate mint, and peppermint all sound super delish! Just make sure to check that it's vegan before purchasing. *Calories are based on one serving (about 2 tablespoons) without added sugars since they can vary in calories.
Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 42mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.4mg