Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Not only is this the best-mashed potato recipe ever, but it also happens to be oil-free, less than 10 ingredients and under 30 minutes to make! The perfect side for any meal and a crowd pleaser for your feast.
- 4 pound(s) russet or yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup(s) full-fat coconut milk (the kind in a can)
- 1 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (or to taste)
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the water off of the potatoes.
- In the meantime, in a medium saucepan combine coconut milk, plant-based milk, and garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until fragrant and the garlic is cooked.
- Pour about half of the garlic milk over the potatoes and use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add more of the garlic milk until you reach the consistency you like. (I usually use all of the garlic milk mixture). If you use all of the garlic and milk mixture and you would still like the potatoes softer, just add more coconut milk or plant-based milk until you reach the desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
Make Ahead: You can make these in the morning and add a splash of plant-based milk before serving if you find they are a bit drier. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1(recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1178mg | Potassium: 1017mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 3mg