The Best Air Fryer Tofu
This tofu has a lightly crispy, super flavorful chicken-like seasoning on the outside and is fluffy on the inside.
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne (optional for spice)
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat your air-fryer to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornstarch, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, and cayenne (if using). Add the tofu cubes and toss gently to evenly coat in the sauce.
- Spray the heated fryer basket with spray oil, then spread the tofu in a single layer in the basket, allowing space between each tofu cube for the best airflow. Air fry the tofu for about 20 minutes, shaking 1 to 2 times, until golden.
- Serve hot or store in an air-tight container in the fridge, or freeze to use later. Great as main, as nuggets, on salads, in sandwiches, in tacos, on pasta, on nachos, the options are endless!
Oven-baked option: if you do not have an air fryer, you can bake the tofu in your oven. Preheat your oven to 375F (190C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare the sauce and tofu as instructed. Spread the tofu evenly across the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden. Oil-free option: sub the olive oil for vegetable broth or water.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 559mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg