Thai Mango Chickpea Curry
An easy weeknight meal- just 25 minutes to make! Sweet juicy mango, hearty chickpeas, in a coconut milk sauce infused with aromatic Thai yellow curry on a bed of steamy, fluffy rice.
- 1 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) Thai yellow curry paste
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 400ml can(s) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked)
- 2 cup(s) mango chunks, fresh or frozen (2 large mangoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 handful(s) fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- In a large skillet or pot heat the oil over medium-high heat. When hot add the onion and red pepper and saute until the onions turn translucent and begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the yellow curry paste, garlic, and ginger and cook for an additional minute while stirring. Now add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, chickpeas, mango chunks and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 - 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced a bit. Garnish with cilantro and serve with cooked rice or your prefered cooked grain.
This is a sweet curry, meaning the spice is minimal and kid-friendly but if you are a fan of spicy, feel free to add hot sauce or sauté sliced hot chili peppers along with the red peppers and onions. The combo of sweet and spicy is killer... (in a good non-violent vegan way).
Serving: 1(1/4th of the recipe without rice) | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3790IU | Vitamin C: 71.9mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 0.6mg