Tempeh Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich! Such a satisfying lunch treat!
For the tempeh:
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil plus more for frying
- 1 teaspoon(s) liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 block tempeh 125g, sliced into thin strips
For the sandwich:
- 4 slice(s) bread toast, or tortilla
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes sliced
- Mix all the tempeh marinade ingredients together in a flat shallow dish or resealable bag. Add the tempeh and lightly toss to coat. Let marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes or as long as a few days when kept covered in the fridge.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the tempeh for about 8 minutes per side or until browned and crispy. As the strips cook keep spooning the leftover marinade on top until you run out. The marinade will turn into a sticky glaze that will taste extra amazing!
- To assemble the sandwich, spread a slice of bread or tortilla with vegan mayonnaise, top with lettuce, tomato and the tempeh.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 894mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3675IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan