Sweet Potato Hummus
This is the perfect way to take hummus from boring to sensational. An easy recipe that can be prepared ahead of time with video instruction included.
Servings: cups of hummus
- 1 sweet potato (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 cup(s) cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
- Use a fork to prick the sweet potato all over so steam can escape while the potato cooks. Put on a baking sheet, and bake for about 50 - 65 minutes, until the potato is tender all the way through, and a knife can easily pierce through the entire potato.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato and add to a food processor along with the remaining ingredients, the chickpeas, garlic, lemon, olive oil, water, salt, chili powder, and pepper.
- Blend until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If you prefer a thinner hummus, just thin it with a bit more water or oil until desired consistency is reached.