Super Easy Vegan Croissants
This recipe hack uses store-bought puff pastry to make the worlds easiest croissants. You can enjoy them plain, stuffed with chocolate, or dairy-free cheese. Serve them warm out of the oven for brunch or breakfast.
Servings: 12 croissants
For the vegan croissants:
- all-purpose flour for rolling
- 1 397g box(s) frozen puff pastry thawed (check to make sure it's vegan)
- 1 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1 tablespoon(s) agave or maple syrup
- vegan chocolate chips
- Homemade Vegan Nacho Cheese (or 1 1/2 cups store-bought vegan cheddar cheese) or store-bought vegan cheese
- vegan nutella
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface. My puff pastry came in two blocks. Taking one block of puff pastry at a time, roll it out to a rectangle about 10" high x 16" wide. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into 3 tall rectangles, then cut each rectangle diagonally from corner to corner so that you have 6 triangles. For plain vegan croissants: roll up the triangles tightly from the wide end of the triangle to the point. For stuffed croissants: put a bit of your filling along the wide end of a triangle. Roll up the triangle tightly around the filling. Repeat with the remaining block of puff pastry to make 12 croissants total.
- Space the croissants out on the parchment paper lined baking tray bending them into a crescent shape. Mix together the plant-based milk and maple syrup in a small bowl. Liberally brush the tops of all of the croissants with the mixture, and also use it to glue down the points of the croissants. This will help them get golden in the oven. Bake 22 to 27 minutes until lightly golden and browned on the bottom.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 23mg | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.8mg