Strain-Free Cashew Milk
This is my most favourite milk recipe! No straining means no mess, means no waste! On top of that, all of the fiber and nutrients remain in the milk making this extra healthy. It even foams well for my morning latte!
Servings: (4 cups)
- 1 cup(s) raw cashews
- 4 cup(s) water (plus more for soaking or boiling)
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) agave or maple syrup (optional)
- You can choose to boil or soak the cashews. To soak the cashews: Put the cashews in a bowl, and cover them with water. Let soak for 3-8 hours. To boil the cashews: Cover the cashews with water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender.
- When you are ready to make your milk, drain and rinse the cashews, then add them to your blender. Add only 1 cup of water and blend. You want to start with just 1 cup as I find that it blends smoother and doesn’t leave any cashew bits un-blended. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Now add the remaining 3 cups of water, vanilla extract, and sweetener if using, and blend to incorporate. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, and shake or stir well every time before using.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 117mg | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan