Spicy Marinara Dip
I often have leftover tomato sauce somewhere in the fridge from using it as a pizza base, or from pasta nights. This is the perfect way to use up that sauce! I just give it a flavour boost for dipping perfection. Use this dip for pizza or other vegan cheesy bready delicious things.
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared tomato sauce (leftover sauce from pizza or pasta works great)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- Optionally, if your tomato sauce is lumpy, you might want to start by using an immersion blender or small standing blender to make a smoother sauce for easier dipping. Then simply add all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and stir to combine. If you prefer a hot marinara, heat it in the microwave or in a small pot on the stove before serving.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 188IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg