Smoky Beans on Toast
An easy, hearty and satisfying 20-minute meal. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 19 oz can(s) navy beans (about 2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes (in oil or dried) chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) liquid smoke
- 4 slice(s) bread (Toasted, gluten-free if preferred)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add in the onions and garlic and sauté until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Now add all of the remaining ingredients (except for the bread) and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until everything is heated through. To serve, spoon the hot beans over toast.
Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 789mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3.4mg