Skillet Roasted Edamame
The roasting enhances the flavour of the beans, and the slightly charred shells add a lovely smokey essence. Full of protein, fiber, and low in calories.
- 250 g frozen edamame (3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Put the edamame in a bowl of warm water to thaw. I find it faster if you rinse the edamame several times with warm water to encourage it to thaw faster. When thawed (about 5 minutes), drain.
- Heat a dry skillet (no oil), over high heat. Add the edmame and roast. Stir it every now and then, but not too often so the edamame has time to char in spots. It will take about 10 minutes for the edamame to be roasted all over.
- Toss with salt. Let rest for 5 - 10 minutes before serving so you don't burn yourself.
- To eat, squish the beans out of the pods with your finger or your teeth.