Skillet Fried Tofu Triangles
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, this tofu is savory, slightly sweet, slightly tangy, with a touch of smoke. It’s fantastic all on its own, but also delicious with some greens, on noodles, with potatoes, or basically anyway you want to serve it. (Which will be every way!)
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon(s) salt
- ½ teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu drained and cut into triangles
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- ¼ cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Dip a tofu triangle into the mix, and toss to coat. Shake off any excess and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the remaining tofu triangles.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the tofu triangles and fry a couple minutes per side, until the tofu is golden all over. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside on the plate.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the broth, vinegar, sugar, and vegan butter. Use a spatula or spoon to scrape off any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer and allow to thicken slightly, about 3–5 minutes. Return the tofu to the pan and garnish with the parsley. Serve hot.
Make ahead: These triangles are best served hot as they will be crispy, but any leftovers will still be pretty tasty. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 822IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan