Scrumptious Vegan Chex Mix
This easy recipe gets all the same flavours as original chex mix without the Worcestershire sauce (which contains fish)! Kid-friendly, perfect for parties.
Servings: servings (makes about 9.5 cups, so a little over 1/2 cup serving each)
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
For the chex mix:
- 4 cup(s) Chex* or similar cereal (see notes)
- 2 cup(s) Cheerios or similar cereal
- 2 cup(s) mini pretzels
- 3/4 cup(s) roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup(s) roasted cashews
- Preheat your oven to 250F (130C).
- Add all the seasoning ingredients to a small pot and melt over medium heat.
- Add the cereals, pretzels, and nuts to a large bowl. Pour the melted seasoning sauce over the chex mixture while stirring to evenly coat. Spread the mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until the mix has crisped up and become evenly golden. Let cool before serving or storing in an air-tight container.
In Canada, Chex cereals do not contain vitamin D3, but it has been brought to my attention that in the US Chex cereals do contain vitamin D3. D3 is usually made from lanolin and therefore is not vegan. So if you are in the US, look for a similar cereal that is vegan-friendly. Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan