Salted Caramel Maple Nut Clusters
Nutty, salty, mapley clusters = YES PLEASE!
- 1 cup(s) nuts or seeds of choice (almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), sunflower seeds), chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- Couple pinches of flake salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Line a muffin tin with parchment paper, parchment muffin liners, or use a silicon muffin pan. (Regular paper muffin liners will stick).
- Add the nuts, maple syrup, chili powder if using , vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon (or a small pinch) of salt in a bowl and mix it up. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups, making sure that the maple syrup liquid is about the same in each cup. lightly pat down each cluster with a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The maple syrup will be boiling when you take them out. Sprinkle a bit of flake salt if using on each one, then let cool completely before enjoying.
These also work well with agave instead of maple syrup. Of course then they would be Salted Caramel Agave Nut Clusters. If you go this route, they won't be bubbling when you take the out of the oven, but should look tightened up.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.5mg