Roasted Potato & Crispy Kale Salad
A healthy hearty salad that will keep you filled with energy all day long!
For the roasted vegetables:
- 2 lbs potatoes scrubbed clean and chopped into chunks
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 4 medium carrots peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoon(s) agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan bacon bits or sliced sundried tomatoes
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 7 oz kale roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 420F (220C). Lightly grease two large baking sheet.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes around in the oil to ensure they are completely coated, then place the tray on the top shelf of the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots and onion onto another baking sheet. Drizzle with a further 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, the cumin, and 2 tablespoons agave. Toss to coat the vegetables, then spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Place the tray on the middle shelf of the oven and roast until golden, approximately 20-25 minutes. Turn the vegetables halfway through the cooking time.
- When the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven. Lightly crush each potato using the bottom of a bowl or a pan. Return to the top shelf of the oven and continue roasting until crispy and golden, a further 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Now add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vegan bacon bits or sundried tomatoes, the balsamic glaze, and 1 tablespoon agave. Set aside.
- Once the carrots and onion have cooked, remove from the oven. Place the kale on top, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake until crispy, 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, toss together the potatoes, vegetables, vegan bacon bits or sundried tomatoes, and then divide equally between 4 bowls and top with roasted almonds.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 2065mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 15304IU | Vitamin C: 107mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 7mg