Red Pepper Cashew Dip
Only takes only 10 minutes to make! Darn tasty, creamy, almost cheesy, nacho-like, yum.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) raw cashews (see step 1 for prep)
- 1/2 - 1 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- 1/2 of a red pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- If you have a high-powdered blender you can skip straight to step 2. If you have a regular blender, you may want to soften the cashews first to ensure they blend smoothly. To do this add the cashews to a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. Drain and rinse with cold water before using.
- Add the raw cashews, 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, the red pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, chili powder, and salt to a blender. Combine until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed, and adding up to 1/2 cup more non-dairy milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
Nut-free: to make nut-free sub the cashews for 1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds. Boil the sunflower seeds for 15 minutes, drain, rinse, and proceed with the recipe. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan