Rainbow Bowl with Peanut Lime Sauce
This Buddha noodle bowl is a healthy, colorful, delicious meal! So easy to prepare. Perfect for a vegan lunch, or dinner. Great served hot or cold.
Servings: large bowl (or 2 small bowls)
For the peanut lime dressing:
- 2 tablespoon(s) natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sriracha (optional)
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger minced
For the rainbow bowl:
- 200 g rice noodles (or sub noodle of choice)
- 1 cup(s) red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1 medium carrots peeled and matchsticked
- 1 mango cubed
- 1/3 cup(s) shelled frozen edamame thawed
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- To make the Peanut Lime Dressing: Add in all of the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- To make the Rainbow Bowl: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once boiling add the Shirataki noodles. The package says boil for 2-3 minutes, however I found mine took about 5 minutes before I was able to separate them by gently wiggling them apart with a fork. Once cooked and separated, drain. These are delicious served both hot and cold.
- To assemble the bowl, put the noodles in the centre of the bowl, and arrange the veggies around the sides of the bowl. If you want the rainbow effect that I did in the pictures, start with the red cabbage, followed by the red pepper, carrot, mango, edamame, green onions, and cilantro. Serve the dressing on the side.
Oil-free: To make this oil-free, just omit the sesame oil. Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos. Also, omit the edamame.