Quick Vegan Onion Gravy
This vegan gravy is so yummy, you'll want to pour it over everything!
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour (use a gluten-free flour if preferred)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth (regular or low-sodium)
- soy sauce or tamarai to taste (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan melt the vegan butter over medium heat. Sauté the onion in the butter until the onion is caramelized. If you're in a rush, you can do this quickly, but the slower you go, the more rich the flavour will become.
- Mix in flour and cook for 1 minute. Now whisk in the broth and cook until the gravy thickens. Add soy sauce or tamari to taste if needed, this will also make the colour a richer brown.
Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg