Pumpkin Cashew Curry
Pumpkin Cashew Curry! This 30 minute vegan curry is the perfect quick hearty dinner. Pumpkin chunks are simmered in a rich curry cashew cream.
For the curry cashew cream:
For the curry:
- 1 handful(s) cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 handful(s) roasted cashews
- For the curry cashew cream: add everything to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- For the curry: add the oil to large pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion, garlic and ginger, then sauté for about 5 minutes until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown. Add the pumpkin, vegetable broth and curry cashew cream. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 8 - 10 minutes until the pumpkin is fork tender.
- Use an immersion blender in the pot to purée about 1/3 of the curry leaving lots of pumpkin chunks. Serve with rice or naan and garnish with cilantro and/or roasted cashews.
*If you do not have a high-powered blender such as a Blendtec or Vitamix, soften the cashew first. To soften the cashews, add the cashews to a medium pot and cover with water. Boil for about 10 minutes until the cashews are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.