Marinating then sautéing the portobellos locks in the flavours. Add a drizzle of hoisin sauce on top and your mouth will do a little thank you dance.
- 2 tablespoon(s) seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) light oil (such as peanut or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) agave
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 portobello mushrooms sliced
- Optional toppings for portobello sandwich: hoisin sauce, vegan BBQ Sauce, thinly sliced red onion, spinach or lettuce leaves
- 4 slice(s) bread (Gluten-free if preferred)
- Mix together the rice vinegar, oil, soy sauce, agave, and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the portobello and toss to coat. Let the mushrooms marinate for 10 - 20 minutes, turning every now and then.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the mushrooms and the remaining marinade. Sauté for about 5 minutes, then flip the slices and sauté another 5 minutes so that both sides are caramelized and the mushrooms are tender.
- Toast your bread if desired then top with the sautéd mushrooms, and any toppings you desire.
Oil-free: to make oil-free omit the oil and use a non-stick skillet. Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 467mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan