Pear and Leek Soup
Lightly sweet, peppery, creamy (even though there isn’t any cream), you can taste the pears in a gorgeous savoury way, warm and comforting, it’s spectacularly yummy. Very easy to make, perfect for any occasion.
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 3 leeks (white and light green parts), white and light green parts chopped
- 6 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 5 bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground savory
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Melt the olive oil and vegan butter in a large pot over medium-high. When hot add in the leeks and sauté for about 5 minutes until the become tender and start to brown.
- Add the broth, and use your spoon to scrape up any bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add in the pears and potato and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes and pear are nice and tender.
- Add the spices, then use an immersion blender to blend the soup until completely smooth and cream. Alternatively, you could use a standing blender, blending in small batches, being careful not to fill the blender to high so it doesn't erupt. Serve hot.