Peanut Thai Salad with Grilled Tofu
A super addictive peanut butter dressing. Vegetarian, vegan, healthy, paleo, clean eating.
Servings: as a main 2-4 as a side
For the salad:
- 1/4 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu (3oz / 88g) cut into 1.5" cubes
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/8 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 inch piece(s) cucumber sliced
- 2 radishes sliced
- 1/4 red pepper sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) roasted salted peanuts roughly chopped
For the peanut dressing:
- 1/2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 inch piece(s) fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sriracha
- 1 wedge(s) lime
- Put the tofu into a small bowl with 2 teaspoons soy sauce and let the tofu marinate for 15 minutes or longer. Once marinated, grill the tofu. I do this in a grill pan, but you could do it on a BBQ, or if you don't have access to either, heat a bit of oil in a frying pan and fry for a couple minutes on each side, until golden and crispy.
- Layer all the veggies into the bowl, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, radishes, red pepper, scallions, cilantro, and peanuts. Top with the grilled tofu.
- Make the peanut dressing by mixing all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Dress the salad to taste.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 2023mg | Potassium: 882mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7705IU | Vitamin C: 113.1mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 3mg