Pan Roasted Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast
Take your avocado toast up a level with these warm flavor-packed roasted cherry tomatoes. Yum!
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil (sub vegetable broth for oil-free)
- 1 1/ 2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 slices bread toasted (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 avocados mashed
- Optional for topping cherry tomato toast: fresh chopped herbs such as basil, oregano, cilantry, parsley, or chives, lemon wedges
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet. When hot add the cherry tomatoes and let cook until they begin to wrinkle a bit, about 2 minutes. They may stick to the pan so I like to just let them sit without stirring too much. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and toss, cooking 1 - 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toast. Top with the hot cherry tomatoes and optionally season with fresh herbs, a squeeze of lemon, or extra salt and pepper if desired.
Bread: I like to use a nice hearty bread for this recipe such as sourdough.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg