Macadamia Ricotta & Jelly Crostini
This makes such a cute and easy vegan appetizer. Recipe for vegan macadamia ricotta, toast baguette slices, then top with a little jelly!
Servings: crostinis (give or take)
For the macadamia ricotta:
- 1 1/2 cup(s) macadamia nuts (see notes for subs)
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) white miso paste
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup(s) water
For the crostini:
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 - 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup jelly (red pepper, grape, strawberry, apricot, any kind you like)
- To Make the Macadamia Ricotta: Add macadamia nuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, white miso paste, garlic, and 1/4 cup of water to a food processor. Blend well until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides often. Add more water as needed 1 Tablespoon at a time until a creamy ricotta texture is reached.
- To Assemble the Crostini: Preheat your oven to 425F (220C).
- Take the slices of baguette and lightly brush a bit of olive oil on both sides of the slices, and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, flipping once half way through until the baguette slices are nicely toasted.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of the macadamia ricotta onto each toast, and then spoon over 1 to 2 tablespoons of the jelly. Sever freshly made.
Oil-Free version, just skip oiling the bread, and toast dry keeping a close eye on the toast so it doesn't burn. Macadamia nuts: sub raw cashews, blanched almonds, or to make it nut-free, sunflower seeds work wonderfully! Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, swap out the miso for chickpea miso!