Loaded Vegan Baked Potato
This Vegan Loaded Baked Potato is layered with BBQ beans, and easy to prepare dairy-free nacho cheese. So delicious!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided (optional)
- 1 19 oz can(s) black beans (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan BBQ sauce
- 1 batch(s) Homemade Vegan Nacho Cheese (or 1 1/2 cups store-bought vegan cheddar cheese)
- 1 handful(s) chives chopped
- OVEN: Preheat your oven to 425F (220C).AIR FRYER: Preheat your air-fryer to 400F (200C).
- Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork so steam can escape. Optionally, you can lightly rub the potatoes with a bit of olive oil over the skin.OVEN: Place the potatoes on a baking tray and bake 45 - 60 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the potato is fork-tender.AIR FRYER: Place the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer and bake 35 - 48 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the potato is fork-tender.
- Cut a slit down the middle of the potato, (careful, it's hot!), then using a towel or oven mitts, push the ends towards each other and the potato will pop open nicely. Fluff the insides with a fork.
- In the meantime, prepare the Melty Stretchy Gooey Vegan Nacho Cheese according to directions if using. Then prepare the beans by adding them to a saucepan along with the BBQ sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens and the beans are heated through.
- When everything is cooked and ready, assemble by dividing the BBQ beans among the potatoes, topping with the melty nacho cheese, and finally adding a sprinkle of chives.