Lemon and Asparagus Pasta
This recipe is so easy, just 15 minutes to make! Fresh, easy, creamy, and full of zesty lemon and the zing of garlic.
- 2 cup(s) pasta of choice (gluten-free pasta if preferred)
- 1 bunch(s) asparagus cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1 lemons zested
- 1/2 lemons juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour (gluten-free all-purpose blend if prefered)
- 2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and boil the pasta according to package directions. In the last 3 minutes of cooking time toss in the asparagus.
- In the meantime, whisk together all of the all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Alternatively, you could mix them together in a blender. Whatever you find easiest!
- Drain pasta and asparagus and return to pot. Add in all of the sauce and toss well to combine and heat through.
Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free pasta, my favourite is brown rice pasta. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.