Homemade Vegan Mac & Cheese Powder
Makes about 1 cup of powder which is enough for 4 cups of uncooked macaroni noodles (about 4 boxes). But feel free to multiply or reduce the recipe as you see fit. Then just store your jar of Homemade Vegan Mac & Cheese Powder in your pantry until ready for use.
Servings: (makes 1 cup of powder)
To make homemade vegan mac & cheese powder:
- 3/4 cup(s) nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour (sub whole wheat or all-purpose gluten-free flour if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
To prepare vegan mac & cheese:
- 1 cup(s) uncooked macaroni noodles (gluten-free if preferred)
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such a s soy or almond)
To make the vegan mac & cheese powder:
- Add all of the ingredients to an air-tight container. Stir or shake well to combine. Store in your pantry until needed.
To prepare vegan mac & cheese
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse the pasta. Return the pot to the stove (heat off) and pour in the plant-based milk and 1/4 cup of Homemade Vegan Mac & Cheese Powder and whisk together. Turn the heat back on to medium-high heat and whisk while cooking until the sauce thickens, 2 - 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta to the pot along with the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Sodium: 873mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Iron: 1.3mg