Heart of Palm Calamari
Heart of palm is the perfect vegan substitute for calamari. The tender, flaky texture is perfect. Toss in seasoned flour mixture and serve with wedges of lemon for an easy vegetarian seafood treat!
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- oil for frying
- 1 398ml can(s) heart of palm drained, cut into 1" pieces, rings separated
- Optional garnishes for heart of palm calamari: lemon wedges, fresh chopped parsley, vegan mayonnaise or other sauce for dipping.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with about 1/4 inch of oil and put over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, take a handful of heart of palm rings (which should still be wet from draining). Dredge the rings in the flour mixture shaking off the excess, and carefully drop them into the hot oil. Repeat with the remaining heart of palm. You may need to do this in batches so your pan isn't too crowded. Fry turning the pieces until they are lightly golden all over. Drain on paper towel. Serve hot garnishing as desired.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 33mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan