Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies are a one bowl, easy to whip up snack that's the perfect, easy treat for the on the go breakfast.
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground chia or ground flax
- 2 cup(s) quick oats
- 3/4 cup(s) banana(s) mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) natural peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts , chopped (or other nuts)
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup(s) pepitas (pumpkin seeds) (or more nuts)
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour (whole wheat or gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/4 cup(s) agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the water and flax and let thicken- about 10 minutes if using flax, or if using chia seeds it should thicken instantly. Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The cookies don't change shape when baked, so take about 1/4 cup of cookie dough each and form them into cookie shapes, then place them on the baking tray a couple of inches apart. Bake 12 - 16 minutes until set and lightly browned on the bottom. Once cool, store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature, in the fridge, or freezer. Breakfast to go!