Grilled Pineapple and Avocado Noodles
This is PERFECTION for a hot summer day. Bursting with fresh summer flavours and light enough to not weigh you down.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 slice(s) pineapple , 3/4 inch thick (about half of a pineapple)
- 1 1/2 avocados cut in half with pit removed
- 1 red pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 red onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 handful(s) fresh cilantro chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 lime juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeño minced (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 200 g rice noodles (or sub other noodle of choice)
- Grill the pineapple slices and avocado halves. I don't have a BBQ so I used a grill pan, but if you have a BBQ go for that because the flavour will be even better! Grill for a few minutes on each side of the pineapple until grill marks are formed. Do the same with the avocado, only grilling on face side down.
- Prepare the veggies by chopping up the 3 pineapple slices, 3 halves of avocados. Add that to a large bowl with the red pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, japaleno, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare the Shirataki noodles according to the package directions. You can choose to serve the noodles hot or cold, both are great, but I choose to serve them cold. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool the noodles. Toss the noodles with the veggies and serve with an extra slice of pineapple and a grilled avocado half for garnish.
If you are using the canned pineapple slices they are a bit smaller, so I would use 4 to 5 slices