Garlic Lime Tofu
The perfect tofu dish for Spring or Summer! This bright limey tofu is so fresh and delish on rice or a bed of noodles.
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu pressed and then pulled apart into chunks (see step 1)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup(s) lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon(s) agave
- zest from 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Optional for garnish on Garlic Lime Tofu: Chopped cilantro and crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional for serving with Garlic Lime Tofu: Cooked rice or rice noodles
- To prep the tofu: Prepare the tofu by draining it, and then pressing it for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Pressing the tofu squeezes excess water out so that the tofu can suck up more of the marinade and also will make the texture a bit chewier.
- In the meantime make the sauce by adding the lime juice, soy sauce, agave, lime zest, and black pepper to a measuring cup or bowl and mixing well. Set aside
- Once the tofu is pressed, use your fingers to pull the tofu apart into large chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan and fry the tofu for 5 - 8 minutes, stirring often, until the tofu is golden. Push the tofu to the side and add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant and just beginning to brown. Pour the sauce over the tofu and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and crushed red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and serve the tofu over rice or noodles.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 557mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg