Garlic Lemon Broccoli Pasta
One pot, 20 minutes to make, gluten-free, vegan, Garlic Lemon Broccoli Pasta! This super quick and easy meal is perfect for a busy weeknight or to carb up after a long run.
- 2 1/2 cup(s) pasta of choice (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 head(s) broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan butter or olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 lemons zested
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon(s) sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan parmesan (homemade or store-bought) or nutritional yeast
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the penne according to the directions. In the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli so it will cook along with the pasta. Drain the pasta and broccoli.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat and melt the vegan butter. Add in the garlic and cook for a minute just until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Add the pasta and broccoli back into the pot and toss well to combine. Garnish with slivered almonds and parmegan to serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan