Easy Vegan Zucchini Bread
Tastes just like banana bread except without the bananas. It's lightly sweet, with a hint of cinnamon, a walnut crunch, and the best part (and the magic zucchini provides), it's extra-extra-moist. The best vegan zucchini bread recipe and a great way to use up extra zucchini!
Servings: 1 loaf of zucchini bread loaf (about 12 slices)
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 3/4 cup(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grated zucchini (about 2 small zucchinis)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease an 8" x 4" loaf pan or you can line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the plant-based milk, light oil, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into dry and stir until the batter just starts to come together. Add in the grated zucchini and walnuts if using and mix just a few more times to combine. Don't over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and smooth down. Bake for 70 - 80 minutes until golden on the top and edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 12 servings) | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.4mg