Easy Vegan Lemon Curd
6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make. Serve with pastries, layer between cakes or dollop onto non-dairy ice cream.
Servings: 8 (makes about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) turmeric (optional for colour)
- In a small pot, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Now mix in the non-dairy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and turmeric. Put over medium heat, whisking frequently, until the curd thickens, about 5 minutes. You may need to whisk vigorously as it thickens to ensure a smooth curd.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heat safe container to cool. Enjoy warm or store in the fridge for up to 1 week. It will thicken more as it cools.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Potassium: 7mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 3.6mg