Easy Hot Chocolate
Easy Vegan Hot Chocolate with toasted marshmallow fluff! Yes please! This dairy-free treat whips up in just 15 minutes (including making the marshmallow fluff).
Servings: small mugs or 2 large mugs
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) Easy Vegan Marshmallow Fluff (optional) or store-bought vegan marshmallows
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the cocoa powder, white sugar, and salt. Pour in the non-dairy milk and put the sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer while continuing to whisk. Once hot and simmering, and well mixed, remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. Divide among 2 - 4 mugs (depending on how big of serving you would like).
- For the toasted marshmallow fluff topping, simply dollop some marshmallow fluff on top, or use a pastry bag to decorate, then toast the fluff lightly with a brulée torch.
For a lighter hot chocolate, replace up to half of the non-dairy milk with water. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 1.5mg