Easy Vegan Glazed Donuts
So fluffy and light yet decadent and sweet, Easy Vegan Glazed Donuts are just 10 ingredients and take less than 30 minutes to make. These sugary flavour bombs are an explosion of sweet, melt in your mouth deliciousness with every bite that will have you reaching for another one before you're done your first!
Servings: 6 donuts
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
For the wet ingredients:
- 2/3 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
For the glaze:
- 2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3 - 5 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Grease a donut baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Now add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix, lumps are totally cool. Scoop the batter into a large ziplock bag and cut the corner off of the bag, or use a reusable pastry bag. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, dividing it evenly among the 6 donuts wells.
- Bake for 10 - 14 minutes until the donuts have fluffed up and are no longer wet-looking. Take out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan. Place the donuts on a wire rack that is on top of a baking tray or plate.
- To make the glaze, in a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of plant-based milk. If needed add 1 - 2 more tablespoons of plant-based milk to reach the desired consistency (4 tablespoons of plant-based milk was perfect for me). Dip a donut into the glaze, carefully flipping it so that both sides are glazed. Let drain off then place the glazed donut onto the wire rack with the baking tray underneath to catch excess glaze. Repeat with the remaining donuts. Let the glaze set for about 30 minutes before enjoying.
Make ahead: These donuts are best served freshly made, but they will keep for 1 - 3 days when stored at room temperature or can be frozen. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1donut with glaze | Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg