Easy Vegan Coconut Mounds
So easy to make and no baking is required. The perfect dessert or treat!
Servings: 16 balls (or 8 bars)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoon(s) full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) agave
- 1 1/4 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- Add the coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil, and agave, to a food processor. Pulse several times, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed until the coconut mixture is blended but still has texture. You should be able to pinch the filling and it will hold together, but still be a bit crumbly.
- Take two tablespoons of the coconut mixture and form a bar shape, and place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, you should get about 8 bars. Or for coconut balls, take one tablespoon and form a ball, making about 16 balls. Pop the tray into the freezer to firm up for 10 minutes.
- While the coconut is firming up, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. When the coconut bars or balls have become firm, drop them into the melted chocolate one at a time and use a spoon and fork to cover the bar. Shake off excess chocolate then place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with all of the coconut bars. Pop in the fridge or freezer to set the chocolate. Once set, store bars in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week. I like my bars at room temperature best, so I take them out to warm up about 30 minutes before I want to enjoy them.
Serving: 1ball (recipe makes 16 balls) | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg